Family members (wives, children) inhaling asbestos dust off of the clothing of their loved ones was a very common occurrence during the late 1940s through the 1970s. This was especially true for those who laundered the work clothes of those who actually used and/or worked around the asbestos-containing products.
Our firm recently represented a woman in her 50s who was exposed to asbestos fibers from her father’s work clothes when she was a child more than 40 years earlier and was diagnosed with mesothelioma. Although her father was deceased, a coworker witness was able to give testimony identifying the responsible asbestos defendants who manufactured and/or supplied the asbestos products that her father used. As a result our firm was able to secure a multi-million dollar settlement on her behalf.
If you want to know more, call us.