Product Liability Lawyers Located in Philadelphia
Helping with dangerous/defective product issues in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware
People who suffer an injury or the loss of a loved one due to dangerous, unsafe and defective products may be eligible for compensation.
Claims for injuries due to dangerous and defective products are referred to as product liability lawsuits.
When a product is dangerous, defective and causes damage, the designer, manufacturer and/or distributor of the product may be held liable.
The attorneys at Nass Cancelliere have substantial experience in product liability lawsuits.
Examples of dangerous and defective products
- Talcum powder and ovarian cancer: A study published by the Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology in March, 1971, found that 75% of the ovarian tumor tissues studied contained articles of talc. Since that time, numerous studies have suggested that minute talc particles can migrate from the vaginal area to the ovaries where they became embedded deep within the tissue, and can trigger ovarian cancer.
- Machinery and equipment defects – examples of these include such things as machinery at work and construction equipment.
- Defective home products such as household appliances, toys, tools, and cleaning solvents.
- Drug company liability claims/adverse drug reactions – defective and dangerous drugs that have made your medical condition worse or have caused other medical problems.
Types of product liability claims
- Negligence—if any company involved in the design, manufacture or distribution of a product fails to exercise reasonable care in creating a safe product and this action (or inaction) results in an injury, that company is liable.
- Strict Liability—these claims hold a manufacturer or supplier responsible for injuries caused by a defective or dangerous product regardless of fault or intent.
- Breach of Warranty—under product liability law, breach of warranty claims happen when manufacturers, suppliers or retailers break an express or implied warranty promise to consumers that a product is free of defects, or make false claims about the benefits of their products.
Get the compensation you deserve with help from NASS CANCELLIERE
If a defective product causes injuries, you or a family member may be able to file a product liability claim to recover for wrongful death, pain and suffering, disfigurement, medical expenses, future medical costs, past and future lost earnings, impairment and disability, and loss of earning capacity.
It is essential to consult an attorney as soon as possible after injury or death occurs due to varying laws that govern the time frame to file a suit.
If you or a loved one have suffered an injury or died as a result of a dangerous or defective product, contact our law office today by completing the Contact Us form on this website or by selecting the Live Chat button on any website page.
You can also reach Nass Cancelliere by phone toll free at 855-546-8200, or by calling your local Nass Cancelliere office directly (local phone numbers are listed at the bottom of this page).